New Skylight Installations for Inland Empire
Add A Skylight To Your Home In Southern California Today
Top 4 Considerations For Installing a Skylight:
- The Roof: Is it flat or pitched? Shingle, rock, tile, torchdown?
- The Space: Will it fit where I want it in your home? Flat or vaulted ceiling? Attic space?
- The Skylight: What style, curb or deck mount? Fixed or venting? Blinds or clear glass?
- The Price: What affects the cost of skylight installation for my home?
The 3 main benefits of having a skylight in your home
Improved Aesthetics – Skylights are a great way to enhance appearance and design of your room and home!
- By opening up the ceiling to the outside, skylights transform living spaces by letting in natural daylight and can actually make your room appear more spacious. What a great way to increase the value of your home!
Natural Light – Letting natural daylight into your home can provide you with many health benefits;
- Increased Productivity and Focus – Scientific research has proven that people who get more natural light during the day have a faster cognitive response than those who are exposed to artificial light. This is because natural daylight has the ability to help the brain focus.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety – Studies have shown that natural light improves the communication within the regions of the brain that are central to the control of handling our emotions, such as anxiety and stress.
- Improved Sleeping Habits –Too little sunlight decreases cortisol levels in your body can throw your circadian rhythm off balance and lead to a poor night’s rest.
- Immune System Boost – Vitamin D plays a critical role in our body’s immune system and natural sunlight is a key source to our body’s daily intake.
- Increased Happiness – Sunlight triggers the production of serotonin and endorphins that can elevate our moods and energy levels making us feel happy. These “feel good” hormones are critical in the fight against depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder (also known as SAD).
Improved Energy Efficiency – Skylights are a great way to improve the energy efficiency of your home;
- Reduces your reliance on artificial lighting and thus reduces your electricity costs.
- Venting skylights help recycle the air in your homes and provide you with better air quality.
- Todays modern glass skylights utilize dual-glazed laminated glass which help energy efficiency by reducing the amount of heat loss by more than 20%.
- Reduce U-factor with Low-E Glazing – Modern skylight glass is also equipped with a Low-emittance (Low-E) coating, a microscopically thin metallic oxide coating that reduces the amount of UV (ultraviolet) light into your home.